.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
<strong>The Disgruntled Chemist</strong>

5/05/2007

Beer Blogging - Miller High Life

This weekend is off to a great start. I went to the Angels game last night (they beat the White Sox, 5-1), played some softball with friends this morning, and now I'm eating a wonderful sandwich for lunch on a beautiful, sunny, warm day. I need to start out with a lighter beer today. Let's see what's in the fridge...



When did I buy that? I don't really remember. But hey, what the hell? I've never had it before, so it's time to try the Champagne of Beers.

Poured into a glass, I have to say that it does kind of look like champagne, actually, if a little darker - looks like a typical lager, with that light golden color. There sure are a lot of bubbles. It actually smells pretty decent, with a light bready aroma that could have a little more character. It's not as bad as, say, Budweiser or MGD, though, so there's that.

From the smell, I was expecting something with at least a little bit of guts. This is not the case upon tasting, however. Miller High Life is a watery, thin beer. The very first thing you notice upon sipping this beer is, well, that it's wet. Really, no flavor comes across at first. After a second I started to taste the bready malt that came through in the aroma, followed by some very weak hop bitterness. This beer is not about flavor, it's about being as bland and inoffensive as possible. This is not the Champagne of Beers.

Rating: 4/10. If you don't like beer, this is the beer for you.

Wow, I can see why they compare it to champagne, at least in one way: I am burping like a champ from all this carbonation. Something to keep in mind if you're going to be drinking this.

Labels: